Jump to content

porky pig

UKx Member
  • Content count

    205
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

porky pig last won the day on December 16

porky pig had the most liked content!

2 Followers

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  1. GONE TO POT!

    thankyou sir. things around every turn in here!
  2. LIGHTWAVES

    A Little Exhibition at media city.
  3. GONE TO POT!

    HISTORY:- Holding’s Country Pottery was founded in 1842 by James Holding. The original pottery was built a short distance away. In 1860 James Holding moved his business to Broadfield, then in 1900 his son Grimshaw Holding set up the pottery on the present site. From then on the pottery stayed put and the business passed down from father to son until it’s decline in the late 80's. THE VISIT:- Seen this on a few sites and as i was in the area in the morning decided to take a mooch. The building has deteriorated a lot over the past years and now very derpy! main building a mugs game! KILN FURNACE HEATER Breaking the mold! kiln. 7/10 lots to see
  4. HER MAJESTY'S THEATRE

    it was like being born again!! once my head through the body just slipped through!!! ha ha
  5. HER MAJESTY'S THEATRE

    no that's hulme hippodrome. you should pay that a visit they're quite friendly and it's an amazing theatre.
  6. The Sand Sidings

    lovely stuff there sir
  7. HER MAJESTY'S THEATRE

    thankyou sirs!
  8. HER MAJESTY'S THEATRE

    HISTORY:- The site is a theatre in Greater Manchester, England. The theatre officially opened 10 December 1900 . It has been used as many things a cinema theatre and was last in use as a bingo hall in 2008. The original capacity was 2,000 seated, this was increased to 3,000 in 1910 THE VISIT:- With the building being on a major street stealth mode had to be used (hard hat and hi vis!) the entry was a bit of a tight squeeze. The outside last used as a bingo hall. The Gods! this top part of the theatre was blocked off. some of the old seats view from the top The foyer View from the stage Bar Area. The ceiling. Cafe. We're watching you!! original seats from 1900. The entrance hall. tv Triffid!!!
  9. MAYFIELD RAILWAY STATION (permission visit)

    this is one off the list. not the same buzz as a normal mooch of course but its going to be gone soon so worth the tour
  10. The Carlton Cinema : Tuebrook, Liverpool.

    found on way back from another much but wonderful. love a theater.
  11. The Carlton Cinema : Tuebrook, Liverpool.

    great report glad to help
  12. MAYFIELD RAILWAY STATION (permission visit)

    http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com/exclusive-mayfield-station-tours.html good tour and plenty info on the place
  13. Competition 3 "Stairs 'n' Chairs"

    well done a worthy winner!
  14. THE HISTORY:- Opened on 8 August 1910 by the London and North Western Railway, Manchester Mayfield was built alongside Manchester London Road station (later Piccadilly) to handle the increased number of trains and passengers following the opening of the Styal Line in 1909. The LNWR had considered constructing a new platform at London Road between the MSJAR's Platforms 1 and 2, which were renumbered 1 and 3 in anticipation, but this was abandoned in favour of the construction of Mayfield; the platforms nevertheless remained renumbered. Four platforms were provided and passengers could reach London Road via a high-level footbridge. Mayfield suffered the effects of bombing during World War II, when it was hit by a parachute mine on 22 December 1940. Mayfield was a relief station mainly used by extra trains and suburban services to the south of Manchester. For example, in the 1957-58 London Midland Region timetable there were trains to Cheadle Hulme, Buxton, Alderley Edge, Chelford and Stockport on weekdays. In the London Midland timetable of September 1951, the Pines Express from Bournemouth West is shown as arriving at Mayfield at 4.30pm (16.30) on Mondays to Fridays. On Saturdays this train used Piccadilly station, then known as London Road. In the 1957-8 timetable, the Pines Express still arrived at Mayfield on Mondays to Fridays, now at the time of 4.45pm (16.45). It came into its own for a brief period during the electrification and modernisation of what was to become Piccadilly Station in the late 1950s, when many services were diverted to it. It was closed to passengers on 28 August 1960. The site was converted into a parcels depot which opened on 6 July 1970. Royal Mail constructed a sorting office on the opposite side of the main line and connected it to Mayfield with an overhead conveyor bridge which crossed the throat of Piccadilly Station. The depot closed in 1986 following the decision by Parcelforce, Royal Mail's parcels division, to abandon rail transport in favour of road haulage. The building has remained disused ever since, with the tracks into Mayfield removed in 1989 as part of the remodelling of the Piccadilly Station layout. The sorting office was briefly reused as an indoor karting track, but has now been rebuilt as the Square One development, prestige offices used by Network Rail; the parcel conveyor bridge was removed in 2003. The site is currently the property of London and Continental Railways. The interior of the station was used in Prime Suspect as a drug dealer's haunt. It was also used as a double for Sheffield railway station in The Last Train. The roadside building was gutted by a fire in 2005. THE VISIT:- This was a permission tour. a great chance to visit the station without fear of death! reflections.... recently used the station yard as a food festival. under the platforms two massive spaces. loading ramp to the platforms come and play poster!!! bit of graff in next street.
  15. Uncle Bobs Quiver place, November 2016

    SOME GREAT PICS THERE!
×