Jadewest94

North Wales Asylum October.

Hi all, newish here! Never really posted anything just watched from the side lines so here's my first post enjoy! :)

North Wales Asylum has been on my list of places to visit for a while. The asylum was completely abandoned in 1995 I think. Recently there's been fires causing more damage and the local people want the building demolished for good. Some of the buildings where fine some where completely destroyed.

XUm3X3l.jpgmC82qSa.jpgjVsp1V6.jpgzKboIzS.jpgUNoJC4e.jpgy7jANEe.jpgNpbCD3i.jpgn0bPNbJ.jpgBPDhRcZ.jpgwhxTPVU.jpgQ5PbppW.jpghVmjqZF.jpg5dwHwJF.jpgyp0yHE2.jpgT27JsnY.jpgj7MHJpS.jpgkG9Oh0z.jpg

Welcome to your popping cherry my good lady (I think) 

I've never been here and it is now looking really fecking fecked! Sad to see but liking the photos. 

Excellent first post and thanks for sharing. 

Haha, thank you :)

Yes its  gone down hill since the last pictures ive seen. Easy to get into now though as they dont seem to care about people getting in. Spent a good 2 hours here but started to rain and wanted to keep dry so  left early. Maybe ill go back if im ever back that way. :)

2 minutes ago, evilnoodle said:

Ahh.....poor old Denbigh. Such a beautiful set of buildings.

You have a good collection of images there. Well done :thumbsup:

Thanks! :) Will 100% be going back when I'm that way. 

Denbigh was my first hospital.

Is it weird to say you've spent many happy hours at a place that was unescapable for many? At any rate, its been sad watching it fall down over the years. Hard to believe my first visit there was ten years ago now. Time flies!

Good stuff :D Are you a local to North Wales?

43 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Welcome to your popping cherry my good lady (I think) 

I've never been here and it is now looking really fecking fecked! Sad to see but liking the photos. 

Excellent first post and thanks for sharing. 

That makes 2 of us squire, by the looks of the place it's gonna have to be soon.

Well done for decent splore, and excellent first report young lass... Look forward to more of the similar. :D

Mr Blober... first hospital as in birth or committed ? :o

3 minutes ago, Blober said:

Denbigh was my first hospital.

Is it weird to say you've spent many happy hours at a place that was unescapable for many? At any rate, its been sad watching it fall down over the years. Hard to believe my first visit there was ten years ago now. Time flies!

Good stuff :D Are you a local to North Wales?

This has been my second explore. I've visited Boys Village in St Athans also Talgarth but never got into there as I just wanted to see the building. 

Weirdly yes, but its super interesting! More or less half of the buildings have the floor fallen through or the roofs smashed. Wow that was a long time! 

I'm from South Wales, was on holiday for the week so couldn't miss the opportunity :D

9 minutes ago, Blober said:

Well if you decide to head back up feel free to PM me as i'm North Wales based, i'm mostly underground these days but i'm always up for a cheeky surface explore.

Shall let you know if im up that way again as its a 3 hour drive and I dont think ive driven my car more than 2 hours so might conk out :lol: But definitely worth a look, no security either! :D 

1 minute ago, Jadewest94 said:

Shall let you know if im up that way again as its a 3 hour drive and I dont think ive driven my car more than 2 hours so might conk out :lol: But definitely worth a look, no security either! :D 

Referee!! 

Is it my imagination or have you lost an l? 

4 hours ago, Tbolt said:

On this post I quoted your name had an L in it??? Screenshot_20171021-062351.png

Ooooh and L yeah, my username bugged me so I changed it :P

1 hour ago, Lavino said:

Be warned visiting Denbigh asylum turns your hair blue.

Oh no! I should of been warned earlier :o

On 10/28/2017 at 03:13, waveydave said:

this is the first time i ever heard of anyone visiting and not seeing any secca or popo, have wanted to visit here for ages. such a shame to see how ruinous it has become. 

great work with the pics

Thanks! wanted to visit here for aaaaaages! luckily enough me and my boyfriend went on holiday to North Wales so got to see it :D