Guest The Stig

Whats Your Camera

Guest The Stig   
Guest The Stig

The big fight has always been tere between Canon and Nikon with the odd splattering of pantax and Sony thrown in lol

So the question is....................... whats your main camera??

Ive got a Canon 450d Rebel XSI

but always carry a spare point n press incase thats a Canon Powershot A560

Cal    1

people who care about which make is better should stop caring about the make of the camera and focus on the outcome of a photo. dosent matter if it's nikon, canon, film or digital; if the photo is a good photograph, then those things are irrelevant in the grand scheme. That's just my opinion though. think of it what you will :)

Regardless, I use Nikon, a D3000 currently as I've been stocking up on lenses, but a D90 is my next buy. I also have a Minolta (sony) 500si

I have a Nikon D40.

Until the 31st of December 2010 I used the kit lens, but now am using a Nikkor 1.8 Prime glarse. It is useless for UE but I am going to keep it on for about 3 or 4 months so I get better at it.

Me too, and I love it - except for the ISO :(

But as of lunch time today, a D7000 will be mine :D

Me too, and I love it - except for the ISO :(

But as of lunch time today, a D7000 will be mine :D

Oh yes!

I read somewhere recently that even though the D40 only goes down to ISO 200, because it is only 6MP then the sensor is more sensitive and the results comparable or better than the D60 which can go down to ISO 100 and is 10MP (or something). I tried to find it just now, but I can't. Is is still an ace camera.

Oh yes!

I read somewhere recently that even though the D40 only goes down to ISO 200, because it is only 6MP then the sensor is more sensitive and the results comparable or better than the D60 which can go down to ISO 100 and is 10MP (or something). I tried to find it just now, but I can't. Is is still an ace camera.

I have read the same thing. Brilliant little camera, when I get my new one I am gonna do a comparison of them, just to see how different 5 years worth of technology really is...

Canon 5D Mrk 1

Usually with Canon 17-40L

Also carry Canon 70-300mm and Canon 50mm f1.8

Recently delved into the film SLR market and now also got:

Canon 300N

On that use Sigma 50-200mm telephoto lens.

Awaiting the 5D Mrk 3 / 6D (whichever they end up calling it) and shall be purchasing upon release. Also like the sound of a 17-40L Mk2 with IS

Guest The Stig   
Guest The Stig

Kit wise ive got the standard 18 - 55mm kit lens which is on nearly all the time due to the lack of kit

But i do have a Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6

Canon speedlite 540EZ flash gun which is an over kill of all flash lights, leaves you blinded for over a week :P

ho.. and a Velbon CX 400 tripod Evay special for a Tenner, been knocked dropped and ever thrown and STILL she lives on in one piece :)

Currently using Fuji S5100 which is great.............HOWEVER i am awaiting for the delivery of a Canon 450d, with standard 18-55mm kit lens.

anyone fancy buying a Fuji S5100????

Mr Camera is a dirty Sony A350, he likes to make sweet love to a Tamron 17-50 (a fairly recent purchase and a God send)

When he's sleeping around he likes to shag a Minolta 28mm prime or tickle a Minolta 35-70, both from the 1980s and picked up on eBay for less than £30 :thumbsup: The Minoltas give some lovely rich colours and have a very warm feel about them, but as they were designed for full frame film cameras they can be a bit awkward for exploring - but i quite enjoy the challenge sometimes.

the 5100 doesnt have a rotary zoom does it?

not rotary zoom but still provides 37-370mm zoom range. you interested in buying? it has a memory card which i won't be able to use in my Canon 450d.

not rotary zoom but still provides 37-370mm zoom range. you interested in buying? it has a memory card which i won't be able to use in my Canon 450d.

Rotary zoom is a must for me I'm afriad, can't be doing with the little zoom buttons, I find I have greater control with rotary, if it's an XD card I'll nab that though ;)